• Skin atrophy • Striae distensae of the skin • Telangiectasia • Cutaneous infection • Sometimes contact allergy could happen as a result of corticosteroids itself • Rarely hypercorticolism (Cushing's, hypertension and diabetes)
Oral or topical Antihistaminics
• The oral antihistaminic medicine causes drowsiness. Sometimes its topical application causes allergic contact dermatitis • The long-term effects of high dose are not known.
• It cannot be used for children, as it is highly irritant for their delicate skin.
• Hypertension • Renal toxicity • Propensity for malignant disorders.
• Slow onset of action (4-6 weeks) • Bone Marrow depression
- November 28, 2016
- Elena M